Sunday, January 2, 2011

Miss Vera

Vera Vera. Where to start. We just love this girl so much...there aren't even words. I've never ever known love like this. She is so perfect and Jamie and I say it out loud at least 20 times a day. There seems to be a bit of external validation of this as well. ;)

She is very alert with her BIG peepers checking everything out- she doesn't miss a thing! She has loads of expressive faces which keep me entertained 24/7. I just love it. Jamie's favorite is her frown face...it's pretty funny. I can't even pick- I love them all- they all make me smile. :) She is EXTRAORDINARILY snuggly- loves loves to be held all the time...in fact, she cannot fall asleep unless being held. Boy does she have a set of lungs on her- VERY noisy cries. We tried to swaddle her initially but she HATED it...she would kick, kick, kick until her arms were out cause she loves to have her arms up by her head/face. She will not take a pacifier- just gags and cries harder when we try (and we've tried them all). She seems to have a fascination with her fingers/fist cause she's always trying to get them in her mouth...think she'll be a thumb sucker. What Vera loves the most- the boob. She would have it ALL THE TIME (and initially I let her) if she could- particularly when she's hungry, tired, bored, had the hiccups or gas. I'm starting to learn her cries since they seem to mean different things- a quick high pitched cry for gas, lower cry if she wanted to be picked up, intermittent crying for sleepiness. I didn't really ever let her get so hungry she cried. Sometimes, especially when she's hungry- gets really frantic- flailing her arms/hands around her face/mouth/head and breathing really fast. Kinda silly. :) She HATES to be held lying down...only upright...but she would let you know it (by squirming/crying very loudly until I figured it out).

Vera is GORGEOUS! As of right now we think she has my nose, cheeks/face shape, and ears and Jamie's chin, eyes, smile, brow, and body type with her big hands/feet and skinny legs. She didn't have any milia or cradle cap. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. :)

I am in constant awe of her. It really is so amazing to think we created this little person. ...then I pat us on the back for doing such a damn good job...haha. :) I love snuggling with her. And the first song I heard that made me cry, Carrie Underwood's "mama's song." The whole world has changed and how I view it is so different, I already am not sure how I saw things pre-Vera. I LOVE holding her and snuggling, especially when she's sleeping on my chest (her favorite way to sleep). Her smile, even though it's just a reflex at this time, absolutely melts me. Jamie is constantly smiling and staring at her with the sweetest look as he whispers, "she is so perfect," and "she is so beautiful." It's really the cutest thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment