Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting comfortable

These first couple weeks I've been getting to know Vera and her me. The only thing to really learn about me is that she has me wrapped around her finger. :)

Vera has turned out to be a pretty gasey, spit-upy baby. Jam and I have no idea what we're doing, but we're learning. A great resource- the million other moms out there with loads of experience. :) Sarah informed me Hailey needed Little Tummy's after every feeding because she was so gasey. We tried that with Miss V...which led to immediate relief for the time being and the next day she basically heaved up her food the whole day...not exactly a desired side effect, thus the meds are saved for a last resort. We found out she really likes to be warm so we tried warming up the nanna and putting it in her bassinette before we put her in there...though we didn't really keep that up.

I love love her fuzz (lanugo)...it's so cute! ....all over her back and ears. :) I also love the way she smells. I find myself constantly rubbing my cheeks on her head (which is probably why her hair fell out so fast)...haha.

We do find she does rarely take a pacifier when forced and the moons are aligned...haha...aka when she is in the car and I'm sitting next to her not allowing her to spit it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment