Monday, October 25, 2010

39 wks...joy ride's over Omar...

39 weeks: weight = 79.6 kg, barely dropped, still swollen, emotionally labile (spontaneously crying without warning or cause), but overall feel good this week

Jamie reports the birthing process is not a beautiful thing...instead, it's like watching a dog rip up your favorite stuffed animal. Haha...nice Jamie.

People remain annoying and likely will be until I deliver. "you're still here." EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Really? Do people think I want to hear that or that I didn't know it? I'm not even due yet! Oh, and a new favorite, "you're still working???" I have to say it again...really? What would I do at home? Pace around waiting for her to come. No thanks, I'll pass the time at work and save my PTO for post-partum. And please, save your breath with the anecdotes- everything people told me (have sex! stimulate your nipples, walk, jump on the trampoline, eat this, eat that)- all BOLOGNA!! The likelihood that any of that garbage works is probably sheer coincidence. Keep your ridiculous coincidental anecdotes for induction to yourself...cause you sound really stupid when you say that crap out loud. I have also been getting daily texts and phone calls- did you have her? What's funny (well, not really) about that is that they're from people I'm really close with, like I wouldn't send them a text when the deed is done.

These skin tags make me crazy. I hope they go away after delivery.

Right now I have a whole mix of emotions (besides labile...haha). Some days I'm super excited and ready for her to come out and other days I don't feel like I'm ready at all. It's a little overwhelming to think I/we will be responsible for a human life. Hope we don't screw it up. :/ Overall, I'm pretty anxious about birth- the unknown is a pretty awful feeling...more because I know all the possible complications and every birth experience is different. I wonder what mine will be like?

Jam, Ryan, Bennett, and I went to a med school Halloween party. Again, another one of those moments I really needed to be drunk for to have any fun. All those little kids (ages 21-24, aka babies). Normally I wouldn't care how old anyone was, but the fact that I was pregnant and sober made me feel REALLY old and thus I was treated that way. Nonetheless, Jamie and I went as bacon and an egg. It was pretty cute (for the 15 minutes we spent to make them). Bennett and Ryan went as an epididymis and testicle (Bennett was on Ryan's back...pretty funny but a total shit costume...no one had any idea what they were). That was the other problem, the med students were in anatomy so people came as weird anatomic structures- really? Such odd/awkward people...

The nursery is finally completely finished- I whipped out the black toule crib skirt Mom started and hung it up. Whoop! It's so cute!!

So sweet. My patients and co-workers have been really sweet and sympathetic that I haven't delivered yet. The guys keep informing me I must feel terrible (please, you have NO idea and I wouldn't assume how any pregnant person feels and lastly open your trap about it...could be dangerous...haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment