Tuesday, October 12, 2010

37 wks...anytime now Omar...

Boz and Lisa get married!! Jamie and I trekked to Sioux Falls this weekend to celebrate with the roomies. I was a little nervous being so far away from home in the event I went in to labor but I have been feeling pretty good. I did not go in to labor while there...haha...obviously. I also didn't have a super amazing time...sometimes one just needs to be drunk to have fun...this was one of those times. :)

Back to see the midwives at 37 wks: 4.5lb wt gain in one week!! I about crapped myself after hearing that. My excuse? Must be fluid overloaded...haha...though my fingers DO look like sausages and my ankles no longer exist. I hadn't really been swollen prior to this and I'll be honest...it's not super. My shoes are so tight and socks leave horrible marks in my legs = gross.

I'm not sleeping well at all... :( Thus I have decided I would rather be waking up and tired cause of a little baby than me just feeling uncomfortable.

We got nursery chair finally. We are super amped about it...it's so comfy! Woo hoo! It was the last thing we needed before finishing the nursery. Now we are ready...haha.

Got a call this week from Jenny...she informed us after their 3rd IVF (this one was secret) they are preggers with TWINS (and 12 wks!!!!). We honestly could not be more excited or happy for them. Great great news. :):):)

I finally finished all of my thank you's, but I anticipate the almost constant need to "finish" them as gifts trickle in. I probably won't really be done until Omar is 1.

Hoooooooly Moses, I am really really draggin ass, draggin ass, draggin ass... Seems so counter-intuative to be so exhausted so close to delivering. Why would my body poop itself out before the baby even gets here?? Odd... I have been having lots more contractions, particularly with walking/standing, but nothing regular and nothing painful.

Jamie diagnosed me with carpal tunnel this week. My hands/arms kept falling asleep when I sleep since I tuck my arms in to my sides so tight. Really? Really? This is SOOOO annoying. Definitely

Mayo's new birth center opened this week. Whoop de whoop! Thanks for waiting Omar!! I took a tour and am REALLY hoping for one of the 2 big rooms with the huge ass hydrotherapy tubs. First come, first serve. Here's hopin.

Our car seat/travel system has arrived, thus we are OFFICIALLY READY TO HAVE A BABY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment