Saturday, October 2, 2010

33-35 wks...showered with love

So not too many changes from last week...back pain, not sleeping and still whining about it.

We're getting ready to put our birth plan together. Basically, there isn't a whole lot of requirements/needs. I'm just going to see how things go. I'm going to try to do things as natural as I can...obviously not opposed to drugs. One of the reasons I love the midwives is they really try to offer all the natural-esk type pain control/birthing strategies. The main fear for me is tearing something fierce. Sometimes I feel guilty even saying that- like I should be concerned about pain, and Omar coming out ok, etc. Those are fears too, but I know that my support staff like the midwives, nurses, loved ones will take care of and/or relieve those. I'm actually not that worried that Omar will make it out alright...it's not like it's the 1900's and I'm delivering in the hay barn or anything. I feel confident that no matter what happens, it's something the docs/staff will have seen before and be able to deal with...I guess that's a lot of trust, but I wouldn't want it any other way seriously. There's only so many things we have control over and only so many things one can worry about. I'm not really a worry-wart...think I'll leave that to Jamie. :)

I continue to amaze myself...haha...no, I'm just kidding. I continue to be productive and am so thankful I feel well enough to do so. I finished the painting I wanted to get done- this time the bedroom. Figured I wouldn't feel well for the whole pregnancy and once Omar gets here, I can tell you with confidence there will be no projects of that magnitude underway. And, I also wanted to get shit up on the walls/decorated so I don't have to think about that garbage either...stay tuned, Cassie Medema is due to arrive in one week to whip the decor into shape! :)

Week 34 was ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I had all 3 showers in one week. Lisa Barnes and Sarah Shaikoski, my two PA colleagues threw my work shower at Victoria's, a fantastic Italian restaurant. Who came: Kristin Holst and Lynn Sobeck from the secretaries, Dr. Nichols and Dr. Cassivi, Kari, Samantha, and Stacey from the trailer (oral maxo-facial girls), and then Amy and Charlie from the CA's/Mayo 12. They picked up a Daube's cake which was AMAZING- chocolate and unbelievable. Lisa had a couple games planned- word scramble, ? gummy bears in a bottle without going over (I was 2 over!!), memory game, and draw a baby on a paper plate on your head. :) I was/am so overwhelmed with gratitude- so surprised at everyone's generosity. I work with the best people!
That was Monday...and work the rest of the week so OOBER insane- there was only 3 of us there. I covered 2 surgeons including clinic + my clinic 4 days in a row = threats of inducing early labor and a VERY tired momma.
Saturday was the Otterness shower hosted by Kenny and Sarah at Sarah's. Appetizers/snacks littered the table. :) Who came: Ghetto and Jess, Grandma O, Deb, Diane, Jody, Grandma B, Phyllis, Selma, Mom, Sarah, Kenny, Cindy and her mom Barb. Sarah had a really fun memory game planned- matching (which I was terrible at d/t pregnant brain)...and then a candy bar went with each topic (like butterfinger for Delivery Doctor and Skor for Conception)- it was hilarious! :) Again, I was beyond spoiled with fantastic gifts. Some of my favs were the "Omar" blankie from Ariane and Steph, and Selma's homeade hats, though there were many super presents.
Sunday was the Kapplinger shower at Becky's during the Kapplinger reunion. I just love Jamie's family- they always think hard about what I would want and really tailor things to me. Who came: Grandma K, Kathy, Annette, Paula, Becky, Grandma O, Sue, Sheena, Anna, Ava, Nolie, Jill, and Jenny. The decorations were black and white and green (just like the nursery!!). The gifts for the games were gourmet foods cause Jill knows how much I love food. :) Jenny planned the funniest game- she put together cut-outs from pics of Jamie and I of our eyes, noses, mouth, hair styles, and accessories (like the bike helmet) and people had to create Omar...it was so hilarious. :) We also fed Jamie, Elijah, Mitch, and Kim baby food while they were blindfolded...pretty priceless reactions (bananas, peas, beef and gravy, mac and cheese). We are so blessed to have all these fantastic people in our lives. Can't wait for Omar to meet them all. :)

Mom and I started tackling some sewing projects including whipping up curtains, a valance, an ottoman, and a fabric board. We still have the black toule crib skirt to put together. :) Thank goodness she's so creative. :)

We ordered the sectional and nursery chair- wooooooo hooooo!!! :)

At 35 weeks I started experiencing braxton hicks, which I'm sure I was having before but now is much more noticable. Kind of exciting actually- uterine contractions, despite their useless nature, seems like progress to me. :) Omar does seem to have a preference to the area just under my right rib cage...little turkey. And the turd has been scratching my cervix with her little OR NOT fingernails- EXTREMELY uncomfortable, as one could imagine. Definitely stops me in my tracks while simultaneously cringing and holding the bottom of my belly up...which has prompted several strangers to see if I was ok. Needless to say I spared them the details of explaining the sensation of what feels like a squirrel trying to claw its way out of an enclosed space and simply responded, "yup" and waddled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment