Sunday, October 17, 2010

38 wks...feelings on turning 80 years old overnight...

38 weeks pregnant = morphing in to a geriatric patient overnight. All of my joints hurt; I'm actually looking forward to and only wear "comfy" shoes (the stilettos have been collecting dust for some time now); I move at snail pace; I'm either sleeping or wish I was sleeping virtually every minute of the day... I'm not incontinent...yet anyway but I am up 11 times/night to pee. The only perk of being pregnant at this point is knowing the fact that these things will go away after delivery...hopefully. :)

Well, we FINALLY cleaned our disgusting cars out. Jamie tosses in the car seat base, and much to our EXTREME disappointment the car seat itself doesn't fit in the car!!! What?!?! I had never thought about the car seat not fitting behind the seats- wtf! Our little Mazda 3 hatchback = :( Jamie has to put his seat so far back it doesn't fit behind his seat or in the middle (it's all kiddy-wompus there). So it's behind the passenger seat which is very erect and almost in the dashboard...guess mom will be sitting in the back seat with Omar. How annoying!! We did venture out for a couple days to look at other vehicles but seriously, with all the things going on currently, we just didn't have the energy/time to buy/trade a new vehicle. Sucks. I mean why not buy a house, have a baby, start school, and buy a car. Oi!

This week I finished decorating nursery and Nolie brought up the bassinette. Very exciting! Jam continues to plug away at basement- sheet-rocking. I am so thankful for him- he truly is amazing- always there for me and then so smart to be useful around the house, and so rarely complains. Fantastic.

I CAN.NOT.WAIT to get body back. This has been an amazing experience but I'm ready for it to be done. My emotions have been oc as well...oi oi oi- crying spontaneously for no reason and feeling like I could any time = not fun. And, to top it all off, I have leaky boobs = awesome.

I've lost 0.4 kg (aka fluid...ha! I knew it!). The midwives still haven't checked my effacement/dilation because it doesn't matter! I could have no progression and deliver tomorrow or have some progression and deliver in 2 weeks so there really is no need to go fishing around in there making me uncomfortable...and the midwife said, "well, I know I don't care...haha" And can I just tell you how annoying everyone is?? With constant commentary, every day and many times a day, "you're still here?? (well I'm due in 2 weeks jackass!)" Or "oh she's still so high!" "you're still pregnant! (duh)"...blah blah...shut up people! That doesn't make anyone feel good. How would you like me to state the obvious- oh, you're still chubby; and yup, you're still annoying.

This week, I slept in the recliner. It's comfy thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment