Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 16: first belly pics

HEY!!!! Ooooo! I'm feeling good! In fact, I don't even feel pregnant other than my front side seems to be growing exponentially.

Minor complaints (cause there's always something to complain about...haha)- a little round ligament and back pain have started.

Super excited we received a couple of gifts- one from Ariane (a frame for our ultrasound pic) and one from Amy (belly lotion, toy clips, and onesies). Gifts sure do make this whole thing seem more real because to date I have not bought anything for Omar.

I took my first set of pregnancy belly pics.

Getting settled in our house sure takes time, but we're totally loving having our own place. Jamie and I spent a day working VERY hard outside. Picked up a truckload of black dirt to make my 10x20 ft veggie garden. Let me tell you unloading that was a total bitch. About 1/2 way through Jamie was sitting on the cab taking a break as I continued to shovel dirt off the truck in my barefeet. Jamie comments, "I hope no one drives by and sees my barefoot and pregnant wife unloading this dirt while I'm sitting here watching." Hahaha. We also got a truckbed full of rock to unload in the front for landscaping. Anywho, I got my veggies planted and was happy as can be. For my first garden, I planted 3 tomato plants (cherry, beefsteak, and a Roma type), 4 cucumber plants (2 to eat and 2 to pickle...so I suppose I should learn how to do that), a blackberry and raspberry bush, peas, green beans, 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, 2 red pepper, 2 yellow pepper, 3 chiles, 1 jalapeno, and 1 poblano, and 3 onions (yes, don't mock me and my 3 onions... I just wanted something underground). :) VERY excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment