Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 8- PURE JOY!

Monday we learned the greatest news of all- Jenny and Tyler are pregnant!!! ...and maybe with twins. With the amount of emotional stress those two went through to get to this point, it sure is a beautiful, BEYOND elated moment and we are SOOOOO happy for them. Obviously, we have not busted out, "HEY US TOO!!" though I wanted to...give these cats a while to experience their pure joy and pray to God that it stays that way through the whole pregnancy (for both of us!) :)

Tuesday was my birthday...basically work sucked but Jam and I ventured to the Olive Garden and then home to cozy on the couch...and I got some beautiful flowers. :)

Thursday, March 25, we got to visualize Omar for the first time. We met with one of the midwives, Candi who was very sweet. We are super elated to have gone the midwife route- just seems like more our style. It was so nice that by the end of our appointment she asked, "Is there anything about you two that you would like us to know to make this experience what you want it to be?" How great is that? I mean, we didn't have anything to say but I still thought it was a nice gesture I'm sure is much less often asked from an OB doc. The ultrasound was surreal- I've done them before on people along with the fetal heart tones, so it wasn't my first experience but crazy weird for it to be me and that wild tiny parasite is growing inside me! We were also able to hear the heart beat too. A priceless experience. Jamie described the ultrasound experience as "scary." :) Oh Jamie.

By the end of this week, we thought since this thing is finally for really realz, we could probably tell our parents. Everyone was very excited. I told Mom, Rhan, and Selma Thurs, and the Kapplingers (excluding Jenny/Tyler) on Saturday, and the whole Otterness clan on Sunday. I was trying to think of a jazzy, cool way to deliver this news but ultimately the amount of work it was going to take for a possible botched delivery deterred me and the standard plain ol' verbal method sufficed. I don't think there was one person that was expecting the news which always makes it a little more fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment