Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 7: more people and lesson learned

So this week was FULL of nausea- before, after, during eating...didn't matter. By the end of the week I even got a tension headache, but since I can't take crap for it, I meerly suffered (and received several neck rubs from the hubs). But it wasn't all boo friggin who...we got to tell some of our closest friends about this super fantastic endeavor we've embarked on. Anj, Jess, our Sioux Falls peeps, and many of our closest east coast besties found out. It was so nice to get to share the news and receive sheer excitement and congratulations. :)

Sunday night, however, I learned my lesson. I remember...thinking back to PA school during OB with Lord parading around the front of the room thrusting her varicose vein legs up on the desk in front of me...gee, sure wish I could forget that... Anyway, I recall (though sadly this was after the fact) Prof Lord saying, 'Pregnancy is not a good time to try new foods'...followed by a Sally Sue story (who had been knocked up by Jimmy of course) and how she got some scandalous STD...haha- true story (about Sally Sue), but come on people, that is NOT where I was going with this. So we were out at my brother's place gabbing when he busts out this meat, cheese, and crackers. Way love and I was starving since the previous scalloped potatoes and ham (classic Midwest funeral dish) weren't filling nor appetizing. Anyway...so he tells us it's buffalo meat (tasted a lot like a little spicier summer sausage)...and based on the fact I now know what it tastes like suggests to you folks, I gave it a whirl. It was really good actually. Didn't think anything of it until about 2:30am when the sharpest, death-like gas cramps tore me out of sleep. PURE agony. Curse words, curse words, rolling around holding my belly waiting for the gas to move, along with the pain, to a new spot in my stomach. Holy shit I thought I was dying...ok, so a bit dramatic, but you gather it sucked. Finally I just got up and moved hunched over into the bathroom to the toilet. UGH, ahh!, curse curse curse. See, I can't push to make things move along because the ligaments attached to my uterus are stretching now and it's painful to push...which pain is worse I guess. It was give and take. The gas rumbled like a train...I could literally feel it work it's way through every single million inches of intestines. (Warning, about to get graphic.) Then poop poop poop, GAS- ah, yes! Then, like my ever so proper husband says, "I was pissin out my ass." Haha...I realize that that's totally not a lady-like thing to say, but really the whole scene was not lady-like so there's no need to sugar coat it. 30 friggin minutes my near-naked body shivered and writhed in pain on that cold porcelain toilet. Back to sleep and up again to finish off. Whew! Needless to say- lesson learned. Do not try new or exotic things while pregnant...it doesn't end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment